Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Vacation Night 3 in Duluth






















On Night 3 of our vacation we stayed in Duluth. The parts of Duluth I saw, I love! We went to Fitgers, the famous old brewery which is actually a resort type place with lots and lots of shops too! We stayed at a place within walking distance of there though. I think they call this area Canal Park. It's pretty much right on the beach. lots of restaurants and shops and of course watching the big ships go by. I took lots and lots of pictures of the sea gulls, who cooperated nicely. Greg took some of me surrounded by the beautiful birds. The white ones are the adults, and the more speckled ones are the youngsters. Greg's brother works for the Army Corps of Engineers so I had to take a picture of Greg by the sign. Our first night in Duluth was Sunday night. Kind of quiet but still plenty to do. We ate at Grandma's, up on the deck. Had some sandwiches and beer. Going to different restaurants is one of my very favorite things to do on vacation. We try to find places "with atmosphere or charm" without having to dress up. anyway, this is all I have time for for now.