Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thank you, it's never too late to help



A while back I mentioned that when I go for a long time without blogging it doesn't mean there's nothing going on. It means the opposite. We've been very busy with a new group of rescued horses, which I'm still not allowed to talk about or show pictures of. This makes it difficult to get donations. How do people know we really are caring for these horses or that these horses exist? Anyway, thank you to those of you who have been able to help or donate. DoubleHP and my dad Wally Hortness donated the first 50 bags of stall bedding for these horses. And others have followed with an additional 40 bags through our program at TSC. Some of you I know, some of you I don't know yet. But when our program at TSC ends on Sunday and we do our raffle, I'll get the info. from TSC and I hope it will include your names and addresses so I can thank you all properly.  In addition, we have received some cash donations from some of our loyal friends who help every single time we (the horses) need it. and also from a couple of new friends. I am hoping we will be able to reimburse the very generous person who opened up her stable, hay, and chore help resources for these horses during their first 2-3 weeks of rescue. This is a lot of extra work and hay and manure for one facility. And we don't have any room left here at DoubleHP. So we rely on other horse facilities to step forward and help out during the first 2-3 weeks of quarantine & Vet evaluation, before we can move the horses into more family-type foster homes.
Thanks also to those of you who have volunteered to help with chores for the new horses and for the shelter horses here at DoubleHP. The regulars are back to work now so things are getting back to normal whatever that is. And we also got about 20 sm sq bales of alfalfa donated. It's from a hay provider we buy from, so it's excellent hay! And the Vet had us start the horses on some alfalfa last week. Still mostly grass hay, but now a little bit of alfalfa too.
I wish I could say more, but frankly I have no idea what is going on as far as the legal part of it. I am not involved in that part of it. I can tell you that these horses needed our help and all we can do for now is keep helping them. I guess.
Thanks.